Tuesday, October 31, 2006

You don't have to get it right...you just have to get going!

I'll admit it. I'm a perfectionist. And what's worse, I'm a quitter too. If I can't do it "right" the first time, then why even try? If I don't get instant gratification, I'm out of here.

I grew up in affluent Western Springs, Illinois (an all white, upper-middle class central West suburb of Chicago) where I had it drilled into me to NEVER get too excited or passionate about something that hasn't happened yet, because if it doesn't happen, then you will be disappointed. Just do your best and take what comes your way.

I've also been taught that the A#1 goal in life is to be "happy" no matter what that does to people around you.

I grew up hearing things such as these:

  • Wife giving you problems? Stay at work on purpose to avoid her or if she gets really bad, divorce her. Whaver makes you "happy"
  • Dating a girl that you can't commit to in marriage just yet? That's ok, just live with her, have her kid, so long as you're "happy"
  • Being overworked at the job but making over $100,000/year at the cost of never seeing your wife and kids? That's ok, so long as YOU are "happy"
WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

EVERYTHING


We need to remember that in order to TRULY find fulfillment in life, we have to step out of our comfort zone and help others, putting them FIRST!

Then and only then can we find true contentment.


You don't have to get it right....you just have to get going!

Great people became great because they do not fit in.

Brad "The Abundant One" Pollina
http://BradPollina.com
(314) 485-4528
Come learn how I now leverage my time and enjoy optimization.

No comments: